NOTE: This process will completely reset your Kindle to factory settings.
- Plug your Kindle into your computer.
- Navigate to the root directory:
- Terminal on Mac:
- Finder: Locations (on the left) then "Kindle"
- File Explorer: This PC -> Kindle
- Add an extension-less file
DO_FACTORY_RESTOREto the root of the Kindle.
- On windows, open notepad and make a new file called "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE", copy that to the Kindle directory and MAKE SURE to remove the
- On Mac,
cdinto the Kindle directory and
touch DO_FACTORY_RESTORE, EZ.
- reset your Kindle by holding down the power button for 40 seconds.
- Setup your Kindle.